Image cerdit: www.mbusa.com
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC is conducting a new Mercedes-Benz recall affecting 147,224 vehicles. The following vehicles are covered by the recall:
- Model-years 2013-2015 E350 Sedan, E350 4Matic Sedan, E350 4Matic Station Wagon, E400 Hybrid Sedan, CLS 550 CGI, and CLS550 4Matic
- Model-years 2013-2014 E550 4Matic Sedan
- Model-year 2013 E63 Sedan, E63 Station Wagon and CLS63
- Model-years 2014-2015 CLS63 4Matic, E63 4Matic Sedan, E63 4Matic Sedan “S”, and E63 4Matic Station Wagon
- Model-year 2015 CLS400
- Model-year 2015 E400 Sedan, E400 4Matic Sedan and CLS400 4Matic
- Model-year 2014 CLS63 “S”
The problem in the affected vehicles is that a rubber seal at the back of the engine bay may temporarily stick to the hood when it is opened and then may fall into the engine bay when the hood is closed. If the rubber seal falls into the engine compartment, the risk of a fire may increase.
The automaker will start notifying owners about the Mercedes-Benz recall starting in mid-March, 2015. The dealers will inspect the vehicles and will attach four additional retaining clips to the rubber seal. Repairs will be carried out free of charge. Owners with questions can contact the manufacturer at 800-367-6372 for more information.
If you or a loved one got a defective vehicle that the manufacturer or the dealership do not or cannot repair, then you should contact an experienced Lemon Law lawyer. The Margarian Law Firm in California handles Lemon Law and auto dealer fraud cases. So, if you think you need a free case evaluation and further legal help, then pick up your phone and call us at (818) 553-1000.